What is prostate cancer and how to treat it?
- Men disease with dangerous consequences
- How dangerous prostate oncology?
- main stage of the disease
- Causes of
- How do you know it's time to see a specialist?
- Modern diagnostics
- consequences of the disease
- Proper prevention
- How to prevent a cancer man?
- diet as an effective method of prevention
- Influence lifestyle
- Impact Sports
- Therapies Oncology
In recent years, the number of men who have been diagnosed with cancerprostate increased several times.Why this trend is taking place?What factors give rise to it?What men have to fear and what to look for to avoid a terrible fate?
Many experts have come to the same conclusion - the development of the most widespread male disease they contribute, in rare cases, prostate cancer is the consequence of a bad heredity.Whatever it was, a dangerous disease need to fight hard, and a positive result will not take long.
It is important to recognize it in its early stages, otherwise the consequences may be irreversible, life-threatening and health.How to detect prostate cancer, as it is effectively treated and whether it is possible to avoid it?It is necessary to talk.
Men disease with dangerous consequences
Prostate cancer is diagnosed in men aged 40 years.According to statistics, it is the most common cancer of representatives of the strong half.
probability of its occurrence increases with age: if the diagnosis of the disease incidence in men aged 40 to 60 years of age is only 1-2%, then the older men (60-80 years), this figure increases to 16%.
disease develops quickly and spreads rapidly metastasized, so it is important to promptly begin appropriate treatment.
those men who have not yet fully realized the seriousness of the danger of cancer, is more fully explain what it is and what causes.
How dangerous prostate oncology?
Prostate cancer - a malignant neoplasm that can go beyond the prostate, affecting neighboring tissues and organs: its cells spread throughout the body, contributing to the formation of new tumors.Unlike other cancers, it develops slowly, only some patients becomes aggressive.
metastases in prostate cancer may occur in the bones, lymph nodes, lungs, liver, already in the first stages of the disease.They spread through the lymphatic or homogeneous.Primarily affects the gland adjacent to the blood vessels, then - hypogastric and iliac glands.Not exposed to defeat cancer groin.
At the initial stage the disease is easy to treat, which is why it is crucial to contact a specialist in the identification of the first complaint.
diseases are 4 stages of prostate cancer.In the first stage, there is no clinical manifestations, and diagnosis is established at random at the morphological study remote adenomas.
second stage of the cancer is characterized by impaired urination.Other signs are absent.During rectal examination revealed a tight knot in the gland, which indicates the stage of the disease.An accurate diagnosis is established by biopsy.In the second stage of prostate cancer metastases spread in rare cases.
On 3 yd stage of the cancer disease manifest the following symptoms: frequent urination, hematuria, pain in the groin area.The tumor affects the base of the bladder, pelvic side wall, seminal vesicles.Disease determined by biopsy.Metastases at this stage affect the pelvic and retroperitoneal lymph nodes.
fourth stage of prostate cancer is the most dangerous.When her diagnosis revealed a tumor larger dysuric with severe disorders.The most basic feature of this stage is the presence of metastases in other organs and bones.prostate cancer analysis shows a high level of acid phosphatase.
prostate cancer Reasons varied.They are divided into several groups.
Group 1 combines the established risk factors.They are determined in the course of special investigations.One of the most important factors of this group is age.
According to statistics, about 70% of men 80 years of age have histological evidence of prostate cancer.The probability of diagnosing cancers in men aged 40-60 years is small.An important role is played by hereditary reasons.In 9% of men 50 years and 45% - from 40 years they have become a major factor in the development of the disease.
Co. 2 group of cancer of the prostate include probabilistic risk factors.They are supported only by certain studies in the comprehensive diagnosis.These include:
- poor nutrition - the abuse of food with lots of animal fats, fried, smoked, pickled foods and fast food;
- insufficient physical activity, sedentary or inactive lifestyle.
These factors cause circulatory stasis in the pelvis as a result - cells experiencing oxygen starvation, as a result of changes in acquiring new functions, which causes the development of tumors in the prostate.
3 group consists of potential risk factors.Their influence can not be proven in research, but on assumptions of experts, they play a huge role in the development of cancer.These include hormonal changes caused by age.They lead to the degeneration of prostate cancer cells.
Do not forget about bad habits, such as smoking and alcohol abuse, which also play an important role in tumor development.
How do you know it's time to see a specialist?
symptoms of prostate cancer are not immediate.In the early stages, they are practically absent and do not represent precisely the characteristics of said disease.They are divided into several groups:
- 1 group - the symptoms of disturbance of outflow of urine from the bladder: a broken and a sluggish stream of urine, frequent urination, feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder, urgent need to urinate;
- Group 2 - symptoms associated with metastatic prostate cancer: lymphostasis swelling in the defeat of inguinal lymph nodes, bone pain, cancer wasting, weight loss, reduction of hemoglobin and red blood cells;
- Group 3 - symptoms associated with the growth of prostate tumors, blood, semen, urine, pain in the abdomen, in the lumbar region, inside the abdomen, erectile dysfunction.
first signs of prostate cancer - pain and blood in the urine.In the initial stages of the development of cancer cells in the prostate, they appear only when urinating, with increasing tumor spill over the whole groin.On the development of the disease and also indicates urinary retention.
When such symptoms should immediately seek medical attention.At the same time manifested in problems with bowel voiding: with every bowel movement a man feels the pain.
Cancer disease can not affect the state of health of the sick person.It is rapidly deteriorating.Man feels weak, gets tired quickly, rapidly losing weight.To these symptoms over time are added purulent urinary tract infections, which cause sharp rise in temperature.
symptoms suggestive of cancer are different at each stage of its development.In the first stage of overt clinical signs do not, so in some cases the disease is diagnosed in a random order, for example, an exacerbation of BPH.Prostate Cancer in the second stage is also clear evidence has not.Very often, the patient is detected during the inspection unit which indicates the development of a tumor.In such cases, a biopsy is appointed.
Obvious signs of a urological disease, appear only on the 3rd and 4th stages.
Very often, prostate cancer is confused with adenoma, since the symptoms for diseases almost identical.You should know that prostate adenoma - a benign prostatic hyperplasia, is not accompanied by the emergence of metastases.It effectively treated and is not life threatening man.Therefore, when determining a tumor in the prostate should not draw hasty conclusions.All show a biopsy.
diagnosis of prostate cancer is multifaceted.It includes a variety of ways to detect the disease in its early stages of development.These include:
- digital rectal examination;
- biopsy and urofluometriya;
- determine the level of specific antigenta;
- radiological examinations;
- computed tomography;
- magnetic resonance imaging.
These techniques are used in combination.They are efficacious and allow detection of prostate cancer in preclinical stages of development.
consequences of the disease
Prostate cancer causes dangerous consequences for men's health.It has a negative impact not only on the general health of the patient, but also his life.Cancer patients completely lose their reproductive capabilities and sexual activity.
Result urological disease - impotence, urinary problems, reduced immunity, increased pain sensitivity, susceptibility to infectious diseases, complete loss of interest in life.
Despite innovative treatments for the disease, it is very difficult to get rid of.The survival rate for prostate cancer is extremely small: from him dies every 10th man.Therefore, it is advisable to do everything possible to protect themselves from it.
prevention of prostate cancer implies a set of measures designed to improve blood circulation and prevent the formation of cancer cells in the prostate gland.Undoubtedly, guarantee absolute protection against oncological diseases they can not, but the risk of its development is minimized.Preventive measures are recommended and appointed experts to every man.
Here are the most effective ones and consider how they are effective.
How to prevent a cancer man?
To minimize the risk of cancer, it is necessary:
- correct and balanced feeding.Experts recommend a diet diversify men vegetables (tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage) and fruit, exclude from foods high in animal fats, food from fast foods.Studies have shown that men eating a balanced and correctly, are less vulnerable to the development of prostate cancer disease.
It is advisable to consume food products of vegetable origin, containing fitoestragenty that localized prostate cancer.
- monitor the amount entering the body of antioxidants - substances that help neutralize the active molecules that cause DNA damage cells and lead to degeneration of normal cells into cancer cells.
- Minimize drinking alcohol and stop smoking.
- constantly use for the prevention of prostate cancer, especially in those cases where a man is at risk: at elevated testosterone level, the tumor marker PSA, detected cancer in relatives.Medications acting on the key stages in the development of cancer, inhibit cell division in the prostate, prevent their migration, inhibits the growth of blood vessels in tumorlet.
to drug prevention has been successful, it is recommended consistently observed by a specialist, to monitor the factors contributing to the development of the disease.
- also very important to timely respond to the first signs and symptoms of the disease.If you have problems with urination, abdominal pain is necessary to address urgently to the hospital for timely detection of the disease and its effective treatment.
- Regular visits to the urologist also will minimize the development of cancer.
diet as an effective method of prevention
Among all cancer prevention prostate most effective is a diet that includes:
- abundant consumption of fruits and vegetables containing carotenoids and alpha-tocopherol (vitaminE and beta-carotene): tomato, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, soybeans, potatoes, apples, kiwi, grapefruit, avocado;
- exclusion from the diet foods rich in fats and calcium: eggs, dairy products, smoked meats, sausages, hot dogs, fried foods, chips;
- use of vegetable food rich in phytoestrogens, which are similar in composition to the female sex hormones.They reduce the amount of male hormones in the body, thus reducing the risk of prostate cancer, while its quality does not lose man.
Experts recommend a diet to adhere to this.It will not only ensure good health, but also leads to a minimum the likelihood of prostate cancer disease.In addition to an active lifestyle diet brings its visible indicators in cancer prevention.
From what lifestyle is a man, it depends on the predisposition to prostate cancer.To minimize the likelihood of developing the disease, it is necessary to happen more often in the air, to practice walking, have an active life position, to stop smoking and in limited quantities to consume alcohol.
According to statistics, the representatives of the stronger sex, do not neglect your active life credo, suffering cancer in rare cases.The first step to a tumor in the prostate - a sedentary lifestyle.If a man has a sedentary job, he needs to devote much time to his physical preparation, because its role in the prevention of tumor diseases is huge.
Influence of Sports Studies have proven that the work directly related to the constant physical activity, reduces the likelihood of developing the disease in oncologyrepeatedly.Therefore, in order to minimize risks, it is necessary to actively engage in sports.
Jogging and charging in the morning, regular visits to the gym, active training, boxing or other martial arts classes will improve the blood circulation in the prostate and prevent the transformation of normal cells into cancer cells.
If, however, the diagnosis revealed a tumor in the prostate gland, to give up is not necessary.There are many effective treatments for cancer that allow you to prevent its development and ensure the full recovery of the patient.