How do analysis of prostate secretion?
- manipulation technique
- composition fluid levels
- Physical properties
- Key indicators of prostate
The prostate is a gland of the male reproductive additional system that produces mucus and watery secretion.This secret is important for sperm motility and their ability to fertilize.To find out how the prostate gland, it is necessary to explore its secret.To do this, you need to know how to take the prostate secret.
Taking prostatic secretions - rather unpleasant procedure and if there is any inflammation, and can cause pain.Through the rectum do massage the prostate.As a result of this procedure, the urethra is allocated a small amount of secretions.
composition fluid levels
secret of the prostate is an opalescent liquid with a specific smell.The consistency of its viscous, color strongly diluted milk.The prostate gland comprises up to 2 ml secretion of the sperm ent
reaction is neutral or slightly acid secretion (pH 7,0 ± 3), due to the content of acid phosphatase, citric acid and carbonic acid, its density is 1,022.In cellular elements includes: leukocytes, epithelial cells in a small amount.Also contains lecithin (lipoid) grains, which include lecithin.
They are the product of the normal prostate glands and contribute to its opalescent.In a small number are amyloid (krahmalovidnye) bodies having a layered structure.
analysis of prostatic secretions includes determination of its physical properties (consistency, transparency, color, opalescence) and cellular composition.
to study these indicators used secret microscopy.
secret study was carried out after the receipt of the material.Fence made no secret of the urethra after the prostate stimulation.The resulting liquid is placed on a slide or a sterile tube.Used for the study and the first portion of urine, which is released upon stimulation.The latter may also contain a large amount of secretions, but its pre-centrifuged.
Microscopic analysis of prostate secretion is a primary method of evaluating its work, or certain diseases.For studies also make prostate biopsy, but in the case where there is a suspicion of cancer.
Key indicators of prostate
- white blood cells in the prostate secretion can occur in a normal state, there should not be more than 10 in sight.The increase in their number testifies to the presence of inflammatory processes;
- erythrocytes should not be a secret, but they appear in a single amount, if the fence material was conducted by vigorous massage.If there are more than 1-2 in the field of view, this may indicate the presence of prostate or cancer;
- epithelial cells are normally present in secretions but not more than 1.2 in view.The epithelium is usually cylindrical, which lining prostatic ducts.A large number of cells indicates inflammation.The appearance of cell elements in the stage and fatty degeneration combined with leukocytes can indicate tumor;
- macrophages should not be present.Their appearance indicates the presence of chronic inflammation;
- amyloid corpuscles normally absent.Their appearance indicates stagnation in the prostate, which is at an adenoma or hypertrophy of the prostate;
- lecithin grains - their large number is found in the prostate secretion, up to 10 million / l.Prostate cancers and their number is reduced or they may be completely absent;
- may be present and other cells: malignant, indicating cancer, calf Trousseau-Lallemand and crystals Böttcher prostatitis.
Bacteriological examination of the prostate gland secretion is held to determine the causes of the inflammatory process.Normally, secretion may contain small amounts of bacteria which are not pathogenic.For bacteria, which can lead to infectious processes are: streptococci, staphylococci, Klebsiella, Escherichia, Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
bakposev secretion helps to determine the type of agent, the amount thereof and, most importantly, its sensitivity to antibiotics. This makes it possible to choose the right tactics treatment.Prostate infection to determine its cause can use not only the secret but also urine or semen.
Bacteriological examination material (secret) were seeded on a nutrient medium, where the active growth of bacteria, including pathogens.Then determine the type of pathogen and its sensitivity to antibiotics.