How to treat BPH: treatments
- signs and symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Therapies adenoma
- Other treatments
- Treatment of adenomas larger
- Traditional methods
Benign prostatic hyperplasia is known to most people under a different name - an adenoma of the prostate, or BPH.How to treat an adenoma?
The disease in appearance resembles a small knot or more nodules, which are constantly increasing in size with the passage of time, not immediately, but gradually.BPH is the most common disease among men who have crossed the fiftieth age limit.From adenoma of prostate cancer is different in that it is a benign tumor.
Causes of BPH is not fully understood and remain unclear.
Doctors can only assume that the basic and main cause of benign prostatic hyperplasia is a man's age.When the male members is 50 years old, they are at risk for the possibility of this disease.Rather, it is associated with age-related changes in the endocrine system and within
On the occurrence of benign prostatic hyperplasia does not affect and smoking.Some scientists believe that the occurrence of BPH is directly related to sexual orientation and sexual activity, but it is not a scientific fact, because adenoma occurs in homosexuals and heterosexuals.Men who daily or several times a week, have sex, are affected by this disease just as much at risk of men who abstain from sex for whatever their reasons: religious, because of problems with his wife or others.Disease in men over 50 years is observed in 50-55% of cases, and in men over 70 years in the 75% of cases.
Before considering treatment of adenoma, it is necessary to deal with the symptoms of the disease.
signs and symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia
adenoma - a benign tumor of the gland that surrounds the urethra.Although adenoma is a benign tumor, but the later the man to see a doctor for help, too bad for his health.
Swelling of the tissues in this disease does not appear immediately.This is almost the final stage of the disease, when the outer fabric swells.Please rate increases urination.For one night to get up to the toilet sometimes up to 3 times.There are also false desires in a toilet, it seems that the bladder is full, but it is not.After quickened urination and there were false desires, which had never been observed, and the patient did not suffer from such symptoms before, can be added to the infection and the onset of inflammation.The inflammatory process in the symptoms of prostatic adenoma observed in 90% of cases.
For prostate cancer can be added prostatitis - an inflammation of the prostate gland.Prostatitis often becomes chronic, and the treatment of adenomas due to inflammation of serious complications arise.
In men over the age of 50 years is often hypoxia bladder, its smooth muscle, which leads to inconsistent and untimely urge to use the toilet.This may be the cause of adenomas.When there is swelling of the external tissues, urination difficult.Most often it is this symptom causes males to apply to the clinic to see a doctor.
But a man must guard already sluggish stream of urine, which barely flows from the urethra, urination first phase lasts a very long time.If at this stage to start treatment adenomas, it will proceed faster and more efficiently.If treatment is not started, the amount of urine per urination is reduced from 300 ml to 30 can start a spontaneous emission of urinary fluid from the urethra, ie,incontinence.
treat prostate adenoma necessary.In the 21st century, medicine has leaped forward, so doctors offer several treatments for this disease.
Drug treatment of prostatic hyperplasia.Even a decade ago, the operation was virtually the only way to solve the disease problem.But now the pharmacists have developed a variety of drugs that can be selected individually for each patient, taking into account the characteristics of the disease, intolerance to any medications and drugs.Action of drugs aimed specifically at the hyperplastic tissue.The prostate gland is treated, although for a long time.
But when choosing a drug treatment should be aware that this is a very long-term treatment.The operation quickly relieves symptoms, but after that there are many side effects and serious complications.Medical treatment for inflammation of the prostate affects more gently on the patient's body and causes fewer side effects on his body.
Before using this method of treatment, you must first be examined by a doctor, who drew attention to a number of indicators that will establish the degree of risk of disease progression:
- volume of residual urine in the urethra, in most urethra and bladder, ie,estimated one-time urine volume per micturition, and then looks daily rate of urinary fluid.Normally, the bladder from urinary fluid must be completely cleaned, but the phenomenon does not always occur.Doctors believe that 10% of a single urination may remain in the bladder, i.e.in men over the age of 50 years can stay up to 40 ml of urine, if it is more, there is the risk of progression of BPH.Residual urine volume in Russia is measured in two ways: the introduction of ultrasound and a catheter into the bladder.
- rate of urine flow.In the adult male normal urinary flow rate should be at least 15 ml / sec, if this figure is less representative of the male re-enters the risk of progression of adenomas.
- measurement of prostate volume.To establish the prostate volume is measured length, thickness and width of the prostate, if values exceed the rate (23, 43 and 41 mm respectively), the treatment should be administered.
- Evaluation of the patient on the symptoms scale.
- Minimally invasive treatment of BPH.This method of treatment is not operational, the skin remains holistic, cuts are not made.Through the urethra to the prostate introduce high-tech tools.Hyperplastic prostate tissue is removed with the help of heat or cold.The laser can be used.This method of treatment is painless and safe, complications after him are extremely rare, and the side effects are not fixed.the patient's recovery period after the treatment takes place in a short time, pain after the intervention is virtually absent or weak.Taking drugs is not necessary.But there are also disadvantages of minimally invasive treatment.This method is a new medicine, it is still poorly understood.When carrying out the treatment can be destroyed prostate tissue, it is impossible to further eliminate the occurrence of cancer.On long-term treatment, too little is known.
- Expectant treatment of BPH.The main component of this treatment is to monitor patients, conducting research and taking urine samples.But not only the monitoring is an integral component of treatment, but also a healthy lifestyle and proper diet, which must adhere to the patient.Three times in the year shall be carried ultrasound once a year filled questionnaire evaluating the patient for symptoms scale.This method of treatment allows to keep under control the prostate, at the time prescribed drugs if the patient's condition is getting worse, and in the early stages to diagnose prostate cancer when it is still possible to operate.
Treatment of adenomas larger
sizes How to treat BPH large?Open surgery, or laparoscopic prostatectomy.Open prostate surgery recently used very rarely.Used in very large adenoma.Laparoscopic removal of enlarged prostate gland is used to remove large - more than 100 cc
This treatment method is obsolete, but it has a number of advantages: after surgery remains a small scar, the patient's hospitalization lasts only 1-2 days, in rare cases,complications is delayed up to 4-5 days, patients recover quickly, but during the operation using local anesthesia.The catheter remains in the bladder after surgery for a period of 2-4 days, and after the operation the patient will be allowed to get out of bed the next day.After the operation is assigned to a course receiving antimicrobial agents to prevent the spread of infection, doctors recommend drinking plenty of fluids, preferably warm.Physical exercise should be limited to no less than a month.After this treatment the recurrence of the disease is impossible, sincedeletes all prostate tissue.
Traditional medicine for centuries accumulates the knowledge of many peoples of the world, it has all sorts of recipes to reduce prostate size, not to drink dangerous drugs that adversely affect all systems of the body, destroy kidneyand liver, do not go under the surgeon's knife.How to treat and how to treat: an adenoma can be eliminated, and in such a way as traditional medicine.
But before applying these or other recipes you should consult with your doctor.Perhaps the comprehensive treatment of the disease using non-traditional methods of treatment and medicines.To be treated can be different, but to self-medicate may be hazardous to health and life:
- Recipe №1.To reduce the prostate gland, you need to collect the young hazel leaf, it is called hazel, even a plant known as hazelnuts.The leaves are dried in the shade.After this, 1 tbspbrewed cup of boiling water, but not boiling, so as not to reduce the medicinal properties.Glass is divided into 3 doses and drink for the whole day.The course of treatment is 10-14 days.
- Recipe number 2. Relief of symptoms can be achieved if you take the infusion of the roots of licorice, which are sold in pharmacies.1 tablespoonroot poured 0.5 liters of hot water.We must let it brew broth 10-20 minutes.Take 100 ml of the broth before eating five times a day.The course of treatment - 7-10 days.