- What is this disease?
- Causes of pathology
- What is the treatment asthenozoospermia?
Often the stronger sex who are of childbearing age, the doctor makes a diagnosis - asthenozoospermia.This man's illness is directly related to infertility.Next, we consider that this disease, its causes and treatment, as well as the relationship asthenozoospermia and conception.
What is this disease?
What is it? term describes a particular state of sperm in which a reduction in the number of motile sperm, coupled with their physical activity.
asthenozoospermia diagnosed by a special analysis - semen - and paired with her in the presence of diagnostics of infectious diseases and ultrasound (clarifies the causes of disease).
should know that normal sperm parameters are: the volume - not less than 2 ml, the number of spermatozoa in 1 ml of ejaculate - not less than 20 million, with more than 50% of their number should move normally.
There are several degrees of asthenozoospermia:
- 1 degree of the disease (also called minor) - the total number of motile sperm - not less than half (50%) of the total number;
- asthenozoospermia 2 degrees (another name - moderate) - the number of motile sperm in the seminal fluid reaches 30 to 40%;
- pathological process - asthenozoospermia 3 degrees - in the seminal fluid quantity is less than 30% motile sperm.
Causes of pathology
reasons asthenozoospermia isolated variety.These include:
- Violation of sperm morphology due to genetic modifications of the structure of the flagellum or the mitochondria.This reason is considered to be fundamental in the appearance in spermogramme indication asthenozoospermia.
- Bonding sperm.
- detection of bacteria in the seminal fluid, which causes a significant reduction in motor activity of sperm.
- Changes to the composition of seminal fluid: this change may be a reduction in the level of fructose, serving as an energy source of sperm.
- acidification seminal fluid, among which in the normal state of affairs should be alkaline.
- detrimental effect of toxins (alcohol, smoking, drugs, etc).
- increased viscosity of the ejaculate is also directed to the causes of the disease.
it possible to plan pregnancy with such a diagnosis?
This will be largely determined by the degree of severity asthenozoospermia.The presence of the unit, but have reached maturity and enough motile sperm gives rise to the appearance of pregnancy.The lower the degree of the disease, the greater the chance of pregnancy.
Interconditionality asthenozoospermia other sperm abnormalities
semen obtained data is compared to the relationship of this disease and teratozoospermia.The latter is considered a violation, in which in the ejaculate is greater than 50% spermatozoa with pathological forms.These are the forms in which the sperm can have an enlarged head or neck impaired (deformed and thickened).At revealing in the seminal fluid of pathologically abnormal sperm forms a married couple should plan to postpone pregnancy, the husband in this case necessarily have to be treated and asteno teratozoospermia in andrologist.
disease often coexists with piospermiey.Piospermiya performs signal that the number of leukocytes in the semen exceeds critical.Norm, when 1 ml of seminal fluid contains 1 million white blood cells, neutrophils presented.
Piospermiya is a consequence of the inflammatory process: prostatitis, orchitis, epididymitis, vesiculitis.It is important to take into account the fact that the presence of piospermii is the basis for the development of asthenozoospermia is quite reduces the chances of the occurrence of pregnancy.When piospermii shows sperm seed to determine the causative agent of infection and subsequent treatment.
What is the treatment asthenozoospermia?
With this diagnosis there is the legitimate question, and how to treat the disease?It should be noted that in 90-95% of cases the diagnosis of raising such a man asthenozoospermia really lends itself well to corrective measures.Especially if the pathology is still at the stage of moderate or negligible.
Choice tactics when conservative therapy will depend largely on the factors that were the root cause of decreasing sperm motility.
For example, a small asthenozoospermia (1 degree) is eliminated by revising and rebuilding his lifestyle: eliminate smoking and spirits;choose an active sport and to engage in them;minimize the amount of decision-thermal treatments in the sauna bath in a hot tub;to change their place of work, if it is related to the effects on the body of heavy metals and radiation.
In most cases, removal of asthenozoospermia 2 and Grade 3 is accompanied by concomitant antibiotic therapy for STIs, taking vitamin and mineral complexes, drugs immunomodeliruyuschih, visit physiotherapy, prostate massage.
Surgery for asthenozoospermia can be assigned when the cause of the disease is a varicocele.If the desired therapeutic effect of these actions is not achieved, the doctor appoints artificial insemination, ICSI, IVF.
Anyway asthenozoospermia treated, it needs only to ascertain the cause of male infertility.
And the only treatment for the individual scheme can ensure a favorable prognosis.